torsdag 25. november 2010

Case #6

New Case:
Create an enemy using a seperate class. Make it follow the character. Create a collision or reaction when they collide.

difficulties:
Making the enemy follow the character, reason for this being a fairly unorganized actionscript and the absence of one tiny pointy
parentheses,

implementing the jump for the main character. Realizing I must have accidentally written an extra number in the code deciding Velocity

Making the characters smaller. reducing the scaleX and scaleY for the characters didn't cope with the walking sprites because their widths wouldn't change. So what I did was, I simply reduced the size of the characters main symbol in the Fla. document library. I also adjusted the placement of those symbols to make it look more natural. Before this the characters were kind of hovering over the ground.

Making the character die. At first I just made an animation where the main character blew up. I placed this animation in the sprite for the character and implemented it into the actionscript so that when the character touched the enemy (hitbox) it would play the animation of him dying. As usual the reason this wouldn`t work was a simple mistake. I had reffered to the wrong keyframe in the sprite. The animation looked lame, so I changed it to a simple fade to black with a red implosioin thingy.


Other:
Made the enemy and foreground look more pixelated using Photoshop. Drawing the layers in Photoshop with settings that reduced the resolution of the file gave me exactly the look I wanted in my game

What's a game without an awesome soundtrack? I had already composed a melody for the game but the melody on its own would not suffice for a theme song. So I got a little help from a buddy of mine to make the soundtrack a bit more funkyfresh using FL Studio.

Went through the entire actionscript adding more comments and cleaned all that mess up.

Checkit!
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1290703643

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar