fredag 5. november 2010

Case #4

Let the programming begin! For this week we had to go through the process of writing codes in actionscript. For many, including me, this was also the process of learning how to write codes. Which basically is like learning a new language.


The case consisted of creating a scene for my game, using the characters and graphic from previous cases. In this scene the main character shall be able to move to the right and to the left using the keyboard arrows. In addition to this the character shall not be able to walk outside the "screen".


In the beginning of the case I simply rewrote the example actionscript handed out by our teacher. Seeing as I didn't get much out of this, apart from learning some basic arrangements, I started looking at the tutorials and documents available on fronter. Again, this was a lot to take in all at once and I feel like programming is one of those learning by doing sort of things, so I started trying out different easy codes and functions. After learning a little bit by doing almost everything wrong, I tried adopting some of the codes from an actionscript provided by our  group leader. This started working in a moonwalk-styled fashion with some glitches here and there, but I was making progress. Then suddenly everything stopped working, and I could not figure out what the problem was. After countless hours of troubleshooting and frustration I started the script from scratch. With a little help of my fellow students I started understanding more of the code functions and was able to create a decent actionscript with the cases requirements.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar